Associate Quant - Full-Time Position
- Job Description:
- Role:Associate Quants support our trading groups through quantitative problem solving, trading strategy generation and back-testing, statistical analysis, and pricing of financial derivatives. CTC recognizes the vital role of Quants in a dynamic trading environment and the value of integrating Quants directly into our trading operations. Quants will be required to function effectively under pressure.
Quantitative analysis/research is a key driver of innovation at CTC and one of the pillars upon which our firm is built. The Quant group's strategic partnership with Trading and Technology to build, strengthen, and scale the firm's trading capabilities is central to our continued growth and success. Our Quants are embedded on the Trading desks, working close to the “tip of the spear” in a dynamic environment. We maintain an environment of collaborative innovation and intellectual curiosity while continually challenging ourselves to stretch the limits of our creativity. Take advantage of this opportunity to apply the scientific method to business problems as part of the Quant team at CTC.Responsibilities:• Strategy generation in partnership with traders
• Model development and back-testing
• Statistical analysis of market data
• Pricing of financial derivativesWhat it takes to be successful:• High emotional intelligence and intellectual maturity
• Effective verbal and written skills
• Expertise in C/C++ and Python required
• Research experience highly desirable
• Demonstrated record of success (academics, publications, awards, etc.)
• Pursuing a BS/MS/PhD in a quantitative field (e.g. Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, FinMath)
• Expected graduation between December 2017- June 2018
• Formal finance training is not requiredNext Steps:• If your skills align to our open position, our Campus Recruiting Team will follow up with you via email about the next steps in our recruitment process.Who we are:Chicago Trading Company (CTC) is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets. We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995 and are recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,veteran status, or disability status.