Quant Internship - Summer 2018
- Job Description:
- Your Role/Responsibility:The Quant Internship offers you an introduction to quantitative analysis at our firm. As an intern, you will work closely with employees in our Quant, Software Engineering and Trading groups. Through formal education and hands-on training, you will develop a keen understanding of market making, risk management and trading strategies.During the internship program, you will spend time working with members of the Quant team on research projects. These projects may include the design and implementation of applications and models that will be directly utilized by risk managers and traders. You will experience an environment that supports teamwork and collaboration every single day throughout the business. You will also have the opportunity to present your work to the Quant and Trading Teams.Our Quants are embedded on the Trading desks, so you will be working close to the “tip of the spear” in a dynamic environment with other hard-working teammates. We maintain an environment of collaborative innovation and intellectual curiosity while continually challenging ourselves to stretch the limits of our creativity. Take advantage of this opportunity to apply the scientific method to business problems as part of the Quant team at CTC.What you can expect:Beyond your role in Quant, CTC’s Internship Program provides insight into our culture and gives you an inward look into what our business is all about. You will participate in two classroom learning experiences including a week long Basics of Options class, and a series of trading simulations (Mock Trading). You will also attend planned social activities to improve your professional growth and build not only your network with our employees, but also with fellow interns.
• Hands-on experience and exposure to our trading technology
• Impactful role mirroring that of a full-time associate quant
• Weekly one-on-one meetings with your manager to ensure you are progressing and learning throughout the program
• One-on-one mentorship from a member of our quant team
• Strong emphasis on teamwork and collaboration built through various educational and social activitiesWhat it takes for you to be successful:• High emotional intelligence and intellectual maturity
• Effective verbal and written skills
• Expertise in C/C++ and Python required
• Research experience highly desirable
• Demonstrated record of success (academics, publications, awards, etc.)
• Pursuing a BS/MS/PhD in a quantitative field (e.g. Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, FinMath)
• Formal finance training is not required
• Expected graduation between December 2018-June 2019Next Steps:• If your skills align to our open position, our Campus Recruiting Team will follow up with you via email about the next steps in our recruitment process.Who we are:Chicago Trading Company (CTC) is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets. We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.