Quant Trading Analyst Internship - Summer 2020
- Job Description:
- Are you excited by the opportunity to be part of a dynamic trading environment that values teamwork and collaboration? Do you thrive in an innovative atmosphere? If so, we encourage you to consider Chicago Trading Company.Our Story – Chicago Trading Company (CTC):Chicago Trading Company is a forward-thinking, technology-focused proprietary trading firm that helps the world price and manage risk. Our fun and trusting culture inspires us to solve the industry's most challenging problems and take smart risks in a collaborative environment. We strive to be the most innovative firm in the industry that makes a positive impact on the markets, the lives of our employees, and all the communities to which we belong.Started in 1995 by a team of Traders, we are proud to call ourselves an industry leader that keeps making markets and each other better. As we look to the future, we strive to scale our successful options market making business to expand into new markets, new technologies, and new geographies. Our technology and information platforms will play a paramount role in that growth and expansion.Watch this brief video to learn more about who we are: https://vimeo.com/294194701The Role – Quant Trading Analyst (QTA) Intern:As a QTA Intern, you will be challenged to learn and adapt in a dynamic, visionary team environment and will play a substantial role in our day-to-day trading and quant-related activities. Your impact is immediate and meaningful.In a trading role, you will have the opportunity to rotate through multiple areas across our Trading & Quant organization which could include: an electronic trading desk, a risk management desk, or working on a quantitative project within a trading group. You will play a vital role in identifying trading opportunities and communicating with software engineers, quants, traders, and risk managers throughout the trading day.In a quantitative role, you will impact your group through dynamic problem solving by working on a project related to trading strategy formulation, back-testing, data analysis, prototype application design, and the modeling and pricing of traded financial derivatives.What you can expect:Beyond your role in CTC’s Trading & Quant business, the internship program gives you insight into our culture and an inward look into what our business is all about. You will participate in two classroom learning experiences including a week-long Basics of Options class, and a series of trading simulations (Mock Trading). You will also attend planned social activities and talks from various business leaders to propel your professional growth, and build not only your network with our employees, but also with fellow interns.
What it takes for you to be successful:
- You will work in an impactful role mirroring that of a full-time Quantitative Trading Analyst
- You will get hands-on experience with and exposure to our trading technology
- You will have weekly one-on-one meetings with your manager to ensure you are progressing and learning throughout the program
- You will receive one-on-one mentorship from a member of our trading or quant team
- We place a strong emphasis on teamwork and collaboration built through various educational and social activities
- We provide summer housing with your fellow interns in downtown Chicago
- You love solving complex problems
- You’re intellectually curious and like to challenge the status quo
- You can effectively communicate complex ideas both written and verbally
- You are a highly motivated, humble, and collaborative team member
- You have a strong quantitative and analytical skill set
- You have basic programming skills or have the desire to learn Python, Java, or C++
Why should you consider interning at CTC?
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. All majors and concentrations welcome.
- You expect to graduate between December 2020-June 2021
- You have a demonstrated record of success (academics, awards, etc.)
- You are willing to relocate to Chicago, IL for the summer
- You are either eligible to work in the United States with no restrictions or you are eligible to work in the United States temporarily/will require visa sponsorship for permanent authorization
- Be part of a fast-growing, industry-leading global technology company
- Opportunity to work with and learn from forward-thinking leaders in our industry
- Excellent support system to ensure your learning and development
- Experience innovation, teamwork, and fun while working in an intellectually stimulating environment
- Competitive pay, free housing downtown Chicago, and free breakfast, lunch, and healthy snacks!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Following the application process, you will receive an online aptitude assessment to test your critical thinking skills. The assessment will be sent out to you the Thursday after you submit your application, so you have the weekend to complete it.
- Based on your assessment results, you may be invited to a first-round interview on campus or over the phone (if we are not interviewing on your campus).
- Final round Super Day interviews will be held in our Chicago office from Friday afternoon, November 1st to Saturday, November 2nd. We will contact you on October 25th, 2019 about your candidacy for the final round.