Software Engineering Internship - Summer 2018
- Job Description:
- Your Role/Responsibility:The Software Engineering Internship represents our entry-level position and offers you the opportunity to play a substantial role in creating our next generation of trading infrastructure and applications. During the internship program, you will find yourself working alongside highly motivated and talented individuals, designing, solving and testing complex coding problems that will deliver solutions to our trading tools and risk applications. These distributed real-time systems will require you to have a solid understanding of computer science concepts, software development skills and methodology, and effective communication and teamwork abilities. Your internship at CTC will expose you to the design and implementation of these systems, which will allow you to build upon your technical skillset.What you can expect:Beyond your role in the SE Business Unit, CTC’s Internship Program provides you insight into our culture and an inward look into what our business is all about. You will participate in two classroom learning experiences including a week long Basics of Options class, and a series of trading simulations (Mock Trading). You will also attend planned social activities to improve your professional growth and build not only your network with our employees, but also with fellow interns.
• Hands-on experience and exposure to our trading technology
• Impactful role mirroring that of a full-time associate software engineer
• Weekly one-on-one meetings with your manager to ensure you are progressing and learning throughout the program
• One-on-one mentorship from a member of our software team
• Strong emphasis on teamwork and collaboration built through various educational and social activities
What it takes for you to be successful:• You have a foundation in data structures and algorithms, and can apply them to real-world problems
• You have an interest in learning about options trading, pricing and risk management
• You thrive in a team-based environment filled with motivated and driven people that value a healthy work-life balance
• You can effectively communicate ideas that showcase your analytical skills
• You seek constructive feedback to grow your capabilities
• Pursuing a BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar field with Java and/or C++ experience.
• 3.5 GPA preferred
• Expected graduation between December 2018-June 2019
Next Steps:• If your skills align to our open position, our Campus Recruiting Team will follow up with you via email about the next steps in our recruitment process.Who we are:Chicago Trading Company (CTC) is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets. We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.